Thursday, October 13, 2005

Free!! I'm Free!!

Well, I finally up and quit the long-term substitute math job that I was so excited about. The stress was unbearable because there was nothing I could do about my situation. We're always taught that problems should be fixed, but I couldn't find a way to fix this problem. There were too many students that needed strong help and they wouldn't recognize me as their teacher. I was having to call security two and three times a day to remove angry, childish students that would not sit and be quiet. They would show up in my classroom the very next day and have the same tick on their shoulder.

But I hate quitting. I felt really down that there was nothing I could do. It's simply not in my nature to leave people hanging like that. I can't stand the idea that I failed at something as simple as teaching a class.

Yesterday I took a mini-vacation and spent the day with my sister. Boy, I am starting to feel human again. I got my hair cut, bought some new books, and went to the library to get more.

But now I'm back in the same situation I was before this- I need a real job!!

No comments: