Thursday, October 06, 2005

Where have I been?

I've been so stressed out that I haven't even had the energy to blog about being stressed out. I'm teaching this Geometry Class but it's a Resource class and full of kids that have no social skills. Every time I ask a student to behave, I get a huge slugfest of insults hurled at me. I regularly have security come up to the room and remove rowdy students. I am getting no where. At this rate I'll be getting my first gray hair a couple decades earlier than genetics had planned for me.

There's one student is never quiet. NEVER. He makes jokes and tries to talk to other students on the other side of the room...and they happily join him. But the kids in here are on a short string and many don't appreciate personal jokes. Instead of complaining and letting me deal with the problem, they start insulting each other, other friends come to the defense, and the problem blows up in half a moment. This happens while I'm stilling trying to get the first student to be quiet but instead he continues to throw insults and neither of them will stop.

Right now I'm so stressed out that I find myself on a short string, forgetful, and disorganized. I'm not a happy camper anymore. I don't have the strong body language to get students to be quiet. Heck, they happily IGNORE me and continue talking, even if I'm right there beside them.

STRESS!!! The classes are almost all like this. I don't know if I'm going to stay in this position. Well, if nothing improves, then I won't stay. There's no reason to torture myself in such a manner.

No comments: