Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's 5:30am. Do you know where your children are?

For most parents, this question should be a cinch. They're probably in bed, dreaming about lollipops and ice cream lands. But this question isn't so easily answered in my household. My oldest daughter regularly sets her alarm for the wee hours of the morning. This morning, like most mornings, she got up at 5:30am and promptly started watching Gilligan's Island. J-Boy joined her shortly afterwards.

We had to make it a rule in the house that nobody is allowed to get up earlier than 5am. At one time she had started setting her alarm for 3am so she could get up and watch tv. And this is where I thank the Lord (again) that I don't have cable. There's plently of bad stuff for her to watch without supervision at 3am with only 4 channels. If I had cable, she would've been able to peruse all sorts of non-describable stuff.

No comments: