Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Electrical gremlins: Update

Well, last week I picked up the bike. Great to have it back. I taught a class last weekend. Boy did I feel rusty after not being on a bike for just a couple of weeks. And some people think they can hop on a bike after 10, 15, or 30 years and ride like they used to when they were young. Anyway...

The regulator/rectifier was replaced. It seems that this particular piece of hardware had shorted so badly that it had melted itself to the bike and its wiring harness. To remove it, they had to excise it. A new regulator was installed after new connectors were wired back into the harness. How fun.

One question though. Why didn't they happen to notice this sort of obvious defect earlier on in the process? It was melted!

Too bad I gassed up shortly after the gas station had its tanks filled. Now I need a new fuel filter. *sigh*

No comments: