Monday, September 12, 2005

Gadget of the Week IV

This gadget has been unfortunately delayed due to a very large test and the necessary studying. I think I bombed the test anyway. Bummer.

Week of 11 Sep 2005

Pit Bull's SS rear stand is one everyone can get along with. It has the capabilities to be a spooled stand or a standard one. All you have to do is flip over the top supports. This rear stand will also adapt to almost any width bike out there. Yes there are some exceptions out there, which is why Pit Bull has such a large selection. But in any case, Pit Bull is all about providing a sturdy lift for confidence in what supports your ride while working on it. There is generous room for wheel removal and chain maintenance.

If you are going to lift the rear, you may also wish to lift the front. This forklift front stand is great for wheel removal. You'll need an attachment if you want to remove your forks. But really, how often do you need to do that?

Sorry, I am a cheap son of a gun. One of these days after I win the lotto (I would need to start playing first) I'll have that dream garage. In the mean time, I will continue to save a boatload of cash by removing my wheels when it is time for a tire change. If you didn't know, swapping tires by taking your motorcycle to a shop can cost upwards of $100+ just in labor. I can get tires installed for $15 per wheel if I remove the wheels from the bike, and the shop will put the job at the top of the list since they don't have to spend time on taking the wheels off. Cheaper and faster. Not bad.

No comments: